April Changes – Uplift in Rates 2020
The Government has announced the following changes effective April
- The National Living Wage for ages 25 and above – up 6.2% to £8.72 per hour
- The National Minimum Wage for 21 to 24-year-olds – up 6.5% to £8.20 per hour
- For 18 to 20-year-olds – up 4.9% to £6.45 per hour
- For under-18s – up 4.6% to £4.55 per hour
- For apprentices – up 6.4% to £4.15 per hour
There are other rates out there such as the London Living Wage but those shown above are the legal minimums.
In addition the weekly rates for:
- SMP/SPP/SAP/ and ShPL will rise to £148.88
- SSP will rise to £94.25
There will be an announcement concerning the uplift to statutory redundancy pay for redundancies from April onwards.