10 tips for small businesses
It pays to invest in tools and education that can help you have the best customer service possible.
- Automated Call back especially as your time is limited.
- Live Chat (tawk to) (my live chat)
- Text Support
- Be flexible
Be there if your customer needs to speak to you. Always make time for your customer makes them feel great.
- Train your employees. Hire the people with passion rather than just the skills set.
Train them so your vision and passion is coming through. Have systems in place to monitor and develop. Have a customer service plan or handbook for reference and use. There is a more in building this relationship with your team and it is an ongoing process.
- Ask for feedback
Once you have sold the product or provided the service phone them and ask them how they are getting along.
- Use personal touches
Send a birthday card or seasonal card so that you are at the forefront of their thoughts. They remember you. There does not have to be an occasion
- Social media
Use it to promote your goods and services. Also you will get feedback from your customers on there so be efficient in replying. If there is a problem than solve it in an efficient and timely manner so they do not post negative reviews. You will learn a lot about your business from feedback on social media
- Refer business to your friends so recommendation which in turn will help you.
- Freebies and promotions and show them you care especially to the loyal customers.
- Always keep your promise. For example if you say you will have something ready at a certain time make sure it is. However in reality sometimes things do not work according to plan and when that happens ensure your customer is kept in the picture at all times.
- Overcompensate for your mistake. This again will help you build that relationship with your customers.
Remember there is always change and you need to adapt to the change and nothing is set in stone and you need to work with your team and your customers constantly.
- 78% of customers do not purchase due to poor service (American Express)
- Loyal customers are worth 10 their first purchase (White house office of Consumer affairs)
- A typical business hears from only 4% of its dissatisfied customers. (Understanding Customers)
- 5-20% probability of selling to a new prospect in comparison to 60-70% probability of selling to an existing customer (Marketing Metrics)
Inspirational quotes to help.
- In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. (Albert Einstein)
- There is nothing permanent except change (Heraclitus)
- It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself (Eleanor Roosevelt)
- The future belongs to those who prepare for it (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
To succeed you have to believe in something with such a passion that it becomes a reality (Anita Roddick)