Cyber Essentials Assessment
Cyber-crime poses a major threat to businesses of all sizes and across all sectors. Achieving certification helps secure your business against on-line cyber-attacks.
Your Business Community members can now obtain certification to the government backed Cyber Essentials scheme through our partnership with Cyber Essentials accreditation body, IASME.
Certification can also boost the confidence your customers have in your business helping differentiate you from the competition. Additionally, certification against this scheme is increasingly a requirement of organisations bidding for government contracts. Private sector organisations are also recognising the benefits of their suppliers being cyber secure and, they too, are encouraging Cyber Essentials certification.
Cyber Essentials consists of five simple yet effective technical elements which are known to prevent up to 80% of cyber-attacks. The five safeguards are:
- boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- secure configuration
- access control
- malware protection
- patch management
If you need support with preparing your company for Cyber Essentials or IASME Governance, Your Business Community member, Whitgift Security, is a licensed IASME Certification Body who which can provide any support you may require.
Automatic Insurance Cover
When an organisation with a turnover under £20,000,000 achieves self-assessed certification covering their whole organisation to either the basic level of Cyber Essentials, they are automatically awarded Cyber Liability Insurance.
£25,000 limit of indemnity covering:
Costs to engage Legal, IT Forensics, Data Restoration, Reputational Protection, Notification Costs and Credit and ID Monitoring services following an actual or suspected breach of personal or corporate information, an IT security or system failure
Data Protection Obligations
Insurers will pay:
- Defence Costs in respect of a Regulatory Investigation, and;
- Any lawfully insurable Data Protection Fines that the Company is legally liable to pay in respect of such Regulatory Investigation with regards to a breach of Data Protection Legislation
Damages and Defence Costs arising from:
- An actual or alleged breach of data
- An actual or alleged security failure
- The failure to notify a Data Subject and/or any Regulator of a breach of personal information in accordance with the requirements of Data Protection Legislation
- An actual or alleged breach of duty by the Information Holder in respect of the processing information (for which the Company is responsible) on behalf of the Company
A major breach may well require more than the £25,000 cover. Higher limits of indemnity and extensions to the cover are available on request.
To be assessed against Cyber Essentials or IASME Governance self-assessment, please apply here. A copy of the self-assessment question sets is available for reference only and can be downloaded for free here.
YBC Members save 10% on the cost of the IASME Cyber Essentials assessment:
- Cyber Essentials £270 ex VAT as opposed to £300 ex VAT
- IASME Governance £360 ex VAT as opposed to £400 ex VAT
Please submit the enquiry form below to obtain details on how to access these preferential prices.